Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Nicoles Quilt

In fabric extension, I worked on a quilt of my horse 'Faith'. I started off slow and not really knowing what to do next. In the last few weeks I really worked hard. First I got a blown up picture of Faith and traced pattern pieces onto tracing paper and then onto visor fix, which is a special paper that glues to the fabric. The fabric got cut out and then put together on the background I had chosen. I then had to choose a back pattern and put padding in between them to make it thick and cushiony. Next was the sewing machine! We got black fur for the mane which really made the horse come to life. After sewing everything together Mrs Dainty bound it which means she sewed the border on. After the holidays I got so exited coming back to school because I knew I would see my quilt. I loved it so much!
I am really proud of my quilt and so is my family. Now Faith will be with us forever. By Nicole

5 comments:

  1. Cool Nicole, I love the horse and the main really looks like it is real. would you make another quilt if you get another chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well i think that a lot of idees whent through nicole head the time she do fabric keep it up Nicole

    Daniellec

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole this is just a wonderful post. Its great to see your work go with your picture to perfectly illustrate just what it is about. Wonderful stuff and I really like the descriptive work that you've written to go with it.
    Room 8, Melville Intermediate, Hamilton.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a awesome quilt Nicole.
    Did it take you long to make it ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shenae (rm10mis student)September 11, 2009 at 9:35 AM

    I think your quilt is so cool you did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete