Friday, August 28, 2009

Room Tens New shared book

"Ambushed" by Fleur Beale
SYNOPSIS: Richard is the only one of his family who doesn’t want to leave Cray’s Creek. He and his friends try everything they can think of, to get his parents to change their minds, but to no avail.At his new school in his new town, Richard finds it impossible to make friends. Both his sisters seem to have no trouble at all. He is lonely, bored and very homesick when a group of boys take him under their wings. Unfortunately for them, when they try to bully Richard they find he is not going to become another of their victims. Richard sets out to orchestrate ‘the revenge of the newcomers’ – and there is no shortage of willing accomplices.
QUESTION: Describe the range of emotions Richard would have felt on that Saturday morning? What would be his lasting impression of the events? How well do you think he coped with the events? What would you have done under those circumstances?

7 comments:

  1. I thint it is a cool book and i really like the twists in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Richard felt angry at his parents for not looking at the petition. His lasting impression of the events were not good because he realised he was still going to leave.He didn't cope well with the events. I would have run away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Richard was very angry because his dad and mum won’t stay in Cray’s creek. I remeber when I move I felt really sad because I had to leave all my friends. On my first day of school i didn't make any friends till 1 week after I started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always a difficult process moving towns or schools. I think you have done very well to make friends after your first week at school Aroha.
    Duncan, I am not sure if running away would solve anything, it would more than likely make the whole situation more stressful and your friends and family would worry alot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He would feel very angry and sad with his mum,dad and sisters. He coped very well with the situation.I would of stayed in my room and not moved.

    Christina rm10mis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angry because his Mum and Dad did'nt let him stay in cray's creek. He was really ssad when he left. He shud ask one of his friends if he could stay for the week or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the book it's really getting interesting and cooler. I can't wait to see what happens in the end. I can't wait to find out.

    ReplyDelete